Destiny 2 Patch Notes: Latest Update Nerfs Witherhoard
Well, it’s official: Witherhoard has been nerfed in the latest update to Destiny 2. The new Exotic grenade launcher added in the Season of Arrivals is still a fun, powerful weapon, but you won’t be able to take it into the game’s various raids and annihilate their bosses in seconds anymore. Additionally, it’s now disabled a checkpoint in the new Prophecy dungeon due to an exploit. You won’t be able to cheese your way through anymore. Of course, you would never do that, right?
Bungie released the patch notes for Hotfix 22.214.171.124 on its website. The update fixes a few items that have been nagging the Season of Arrivals, first among them being Witherhoard’s ridiculous power. The new Exotic grenade launcher fires rounds that produce a damage-over-time effect called Blight, and for the first two weeks of the season, blasting some PvE enemies with a bunch of Blight grenades could melt them almost instantly. Players quickly found that Witherhoard was a great way to wallop the toughest enemies in the game, like Riven, the boss of the Last Wish raid, or the Sanctified Mind of the Garden of Salvation raid. But with the new hotfix, the fun is at an end.
Witherhoard still has its damage over time capabilities, but it shouldn’t become ridiculous against certain enemies. The patch also addresses other issues with Exotics in the game: for several pieces of armor, it was possible to activate their perks, then switch to other gear for additional benefits. Players were using those exploits just like Witherhoard, so that they could quickly knock out raid bosses. Bungie’s been trying to fix a few of those bugs for a while now, so we’ll see if this one sticks.
After the release of this update, Bungie disabled the final checkpoint in the Prophecy dungeon’s final room. It says this is due to an exploit but offers no further specifics, expect to say that if you had a checkpoint in the final room, it has now been removed. This checkpoint is the one you receive after defeating the boss.
You can check out the full list of fixes in the latest Destiny 2 patch below.
Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where analog-based actions required a full button or trigger press.
- Players should no longer encounter issues where they could not aim down sights or fire their weapons.
- Fixed an issue where Stormtrance could not be used if attack inputs are held during the cast animation.
- Fixed an issue where the Hunter’s dodge and Warlock’s Icarus Dash were more difficult to activate.
- Fixed an issue where pressing A no longer dismounted from Sparrows while using the Jumper controller scheme.
- Fixed an issue where some players had an invisible ship, black emblem, and zero Power Level displayed when in orbit.
- Fixed an issue where various reward sources were dropping gear at 750 Power instead of their intended Power Level.
- Fixed an issue where the Tommy’s Matchbook Catalyst quest was removed from player inventories.
- Note: Players who had this quest removed have lost progress, but we have reduced the requirements of the quest to compensate.
- Fixed an issue where the Destiny 2: Beyond Light preorder emblem did not appear in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where the “Upgrade Gift Ranks” Triumph did not properly record progress.
- Removed two Legendary ships from Amanda Holiday that could not be purchased.
- Fixed an issue where Seasonal Artifact mods required more Glimmer than intended to socket.
- Fixed an issue where solo completions of the Prophecy dungeon did not properly unlock the associated Triumph.
- Fixed an issue where Witherhoard dealt a ridiculous amount of damage to various enemies.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when swapping out Exotic gear while their perks were still active.
- Fixed an issue where Saint’s Vocation Exotic ship was invisible in preview and orbit.
- Fixed an issue where the Almost Mighty Exotic Ghost Shell was invisible in preview and when summoned.
- Fixed an issue where the Insight Unyielding Titan gauntlets could obscure the screen when aiming Bows.
- Fixed an issue where the Cryptarch beacon would not activate when acquiring the Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals Silver/Emote platform offer.
- Destiny 2: Where Is Xur June 26-30? Location For Exotic Weapon And Armor
- Destiny 2 Hotfix Patch Notes: Witherhoard Nerfed In New Update
- Bungie Confirms Hawkmoon Will Return To Destiny 2 In Beyond Light
- Destiny 2 Cross-Play Is On The Roadmap, But Not This Year
- Destiny 2 Offers Free PS5 And Xbox Series X Upgrades
Destiny 2 News And Guides
Source: Read Full Article