ecstasy natural or synthetic
- an initially mild to moderate stroke (4-7 on the NIHSS) and had no symptoms (0 on the modified Rankin Scale, a scale that measures disability and dependence) after treatment;
- an initially moderate to serious stroke (8-14 on the NIHSS) and had no residual symptoms or mild symptoms that did not impair their ability to perform routine activities of daily living without assistance (0-1 on the disability scale); or
- an initially serious to severe stroke (15-25 on the NIHSS) had no remaining symptoms or a slight disability that impaired some activities yet still allowed a person to conduct their own affairs without assistance (0-2 on the disability scale).
- Participants in the butylphthalide group were 70% more likely to have a favorable 90-day outcome compared to the placebo group.
- Butylphthalide improved function equally well in the subsets of patients who initially received tPA, oxytrol otc walgreens those who received endovascular therapy or those who received both tPA and endovascular treatment.
- Secondary events, such as recurrent stroke and intracranial hemorrhage (brain bleeds), were not significantly different between the butylphthalide and placebo groups.
Source: Read Full Article