buy generic valtrex no prescription uk

Living by a large body of water can leave your home feeling slightly moist. However, during the summer months, adderall xr cause joint pain you may notice your space feeling more sticky than usual no matter where you live. Unfortunately, moisture anywhere indoors is a recipe for mold. By maintaining a specific temperature and adopting a few cleaning practices, you can keep your space free from mold.

When it comes to your thermostat, Mindbodygreen recommends keeping your indoor temperature hovering below 77 degrees since anything higher can be ideal for mold growth. The outlet cites a report from Kansas State University that explains, “Molds grow best in warm temperatures, 77 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit, though some growth may occur anywhere between 32 and 95 degrees.”

Once you’ve found the best temperature for your space, make sure that your unit isn’t blowing dirty air everywhere. Get new filters, dust off the vents and ensure that the apparatus isn’t leaking anywhere. The outlet explains that leaks and cracks can be breeding grounds for mold to spread. Toxin expert, Tonya Harris, recommends cleaning out your heating ducts as well, saying, “It’s important to also change them in the summer, just as you would in the winter, as the AC flows through the same ductwork as heat.”

If you notice mold forming, steer clear of the old chlorine bleach treatment as this can be detrimental to your health. Martha Stewart reports that hot, soapy water will do the trick to remove any spots. 

Always keep the fan on while you're showering

Between the heat, moisture and relatively small space, your bathroom can be a hotspot for mold. Make sure you keep the fan on while you take a shower or bath to minimize the spread of moisture, Martha Stewart suggests. If you don’t have a fan, keep the door cracked. Otherwise, simply towel off any moisture pockets after you get done showering to keep things dry and mold-free.

Furthermore, a dehumidifier may be your new best friend. According to the outlet, if you notice moisture on your windows, it means the humidity level in your home is too high. These devices can reduce moisture by anywhere between 30 and 60%. From here, check around your home for mold in hard-to-reach places like your doors or tops of cabinets. If you spot it, start with a nontoxic cleaner then move on to a chemical such as bleach if you still notice mold growth. Whenever you use bleach, however, try to ventilate the area as much as possible by opening windows or using a fan to aerate the space.

Summer is an awesome time to have friends over and the doors open. Just make sure to keep your space safe and mold-free.

Source: Read Full Article