Outriders 1.05 update: New Outriders patch notes and PS4, Xbox One and PC release news
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Outriders 1.05 is being released today by Square Enix, with good news waiting for gamers hoping to see the return of Crossplay.
As confirmed in the patch notes, today’s Outriders changes will make it possible to play between platforms again.
Crossplay is being re-enabled, although People Can Fly have warned there could be a bit of a delay.
According to the latest news shared on Twitter, the Xbox Outriders update is scheduled to roll out today.
But gamers on PS4 and PC will likely receive the patch before those fans using the Microsoft platform.
Speaking about the upcoming changes and the re-release of Crossplay, a message from People Can Fly revealed:
“A new patch for PC and PlayStation Platforms will be rolling out over the next few hours!
“We’re a little bit delayed on the Xbox version of this patch, but the @Xbox team are being incredibly supportive in helping us get it ready as soon as we can.
“We are hoping to have this patch ready for Xbox very soon and will update you the moment we have news.
“With the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible.
“Crossplay between Xbox and PC/PlayStation has been temporarily disabled.
“Crossplay between Consoles and PC will be fully restored once the Xbox patch has gone live.”
So while we don’t know exactly when the game will be updated on all platforms, the process should be completed by April 10.
Outriders: Square Enix release trailer for upcoming game
And the full patch notes for today’s Outriders update confirms that version 1.05 will boast a lot of new bug fixes, and hopefully, some improved matchmaking.
You can find the full list below, including details on today’s Crossplay situation with PS4, Xbox and PC platforms:
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
Source: Read Full Article