Minecraft down: Minecraft Realms server status latest as fans report shutting down issues
Reports have been steadily rising of issues with Minecraft servers being down today across platforms.
While the overall number of reports remains relatively low, there are still hundreds of players finding it difficult to access Minecraft Realms tonight.
A message from Mojang support confirms that there are problems with Minecraft online features shutting down.
The most recent report from the support team reads: “Minecraft Realms on Bedrock: Some players may not be able to log in to their Realm or a friend’s Realm.
“We are investigating the issue. Thank you for your patience.”
It’s unclear what has caused tonight’s temporary outage, or how long it might last across platforms.
The good news is that there hasn’t been a huge spike in players having problems, meaning this might be a localised issue.
According to an outage map, most players facing issues tonight are from the United States and the UK.
No ETA has been provided for when Minecraft Realms servers will return to normal.
MINECRAFT REALMS CONNECTION FAQ
Realms services are automatically set to a physical location nearest the Realm owner’s IP. If for example, you live in the US, but the Realm you’re connecting to is based in Australia, you may have a slightly lower connection speed than the owner of the Realm.
Realms connection speeds can vary between individual players, devices, and networks. If you encounter connection or timeout errors in Realms, there are a number of things that you can do to attempt to resolve the issue:
- Make sure you’re not using a beta version of Minecraft. If you are, leave it and restart the game (Realms only works with non-beta versions)
- If using a wireless connection, ensure that you have a stable connection to your router
- Configure your router to use moderate or open NAT
- If you have a firewall, antivirus, or are using a VPN, check the settings to be sure that it is not blocking or slowing your connection
- If you’re on a stationary device, try connecting using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi
- Try closing the Realm and re-opening it again
- Try reverting to a previous save of your world through your Realm’s backup menu
Source: Read Full Article