Fortnite update 19.01 server downtime and patch notes for HUGE Winterfest download
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fortnite update 19.01 is about to be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch.
The new Fortnite update has been given a December 14 release date on all platforms.
Unfortunately, as the first major update of the season, the patch will be accompanied by a period of server downtime.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a teaser about what to expect.
“There’s a chill in the air as our v19.01 Game Update is set to release tomorrow!” reads an Epic tweet.
“Downtime will begin at 3:00 AM ET (8:00 UTC) with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes prior.”
According to the patch notes, the new update will usher in the start of the Winterfest event, which is tipped to begin on December 16.
Fortnite insider Hypex claims the new Christmas event will feature in-game gifts and exclusive challenges. New items include the Snowball Launcher, Candy Consumable, and Snowman.
Of course, Epic will also make a host of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks, as you can see from the patch notes below.
• Splitscreen Disabled
– Splitscreen disabled for local games
Battle Royale fixes…
• Unable to build around large trees
– Players are unable to build around or close to the large jungle trees.
• Reboot Vans do not reboot players if a second teammate interacts with the van
– While using a Reboot van to reboot a downed teammate, if a second teammate interacts with the van the downed player will sometimes not be rebooted.
• Screen Shakes in Multiple Situations
– Players may find they experience the screen shaking more intensely than intended in various situations such as Sliding, gliding, or using a Rift.
Fortnite: Epic Games show off Chapter 3’s ‘Flipped’ map in trailer
• Crash Pads do not visually look correct
– In Creative, the Crash Pads currently have no material making it appear visually incorrect. This is a visual issue only.
• Multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces will cause consistent misalignment
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing creators buildings to be misaligned when multi-selecting pieces.
Save the World fixes…
• Elemental Husk appear darker and with different texture
– Elemental Husk appear in a different hue and texture. Should be fixed in the next game update
Switch and Mobile fixes…
• Firing Sounds not always heard on Mobile
– Weapon fire audio does not trigger with Quartz enabled on Mobile and Nintendo Switch devices.
Source: Read Full Article