FIFA 21 PS5 and Xbox Series X next-gen update: Release date, time and patch notes REVEALED
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
FIFA 21 fans can download the game’s big next-gen update for PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The FIFA 21 next-gen update has a December 4 release date for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
There’s no official launch time, but rather a more gradual roll-out that’s already started in some regions.
“Most players who’ve purchased #FIFA21 on current gen consoles can now download & play the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S version,” reads an EA tweet. “Worldwide availability will follow as we ramp up towards official launch on December 4.”
Like many other cross-gen games, the FIFA 21 PS5 and Xbox Series X upgrades are free to anybody with the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
It’s all part of EA’s Dual Entitlement scheme, which lets customers download next-gen upgrades at no extra cost.
“If you buy a physical copy of FIFA 21 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you’ll be able to download and play FIFA 21 on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store for free once the game releases,” EA continues.
Digital customers can also download the upgrade for free by visiting the FIFA 21 game page from the console dashboard.
Things get slightly more confusing if customers purchased a physical copy of FIFA 21 on PS4 and Xbox One, but have since bought a disc-free next-gen console.
If you fall into this category, simply contact EA Support to verify your purchase and get access to the upgrade.
If you do have a PS5 or Xbox Series X, then updating to the next-gen FIFA is well worth your time.
The next-gen update adds PS5 haptics support, brand new push-pull physics, new stadium chants, and more authentic pre-match atmosphere.
One of the more exciting features is the new GameCam, which is a new gameplay camera inspired by actual TV broadcasts.
Needless to say, FIFA fans can also expect speedier loading times and better visuals. You can get the lowdown on all of the PS5 and Xbox Series X improvements below.
FIFA 21 PS5 and Xbox Series X update patch notes…
PS5 DualSense Haptics
• From last-ditch goal saving blocks to in-off-the-bar screamers, a new DualSense controller on PlayStation 5 with rich and responsive haptic feedback deepens the gameplay experience. Sense the impact of shots, passes, and tackles with immersive controller haptics that respond to what happens on the pitch to let you feel the rhythm of the game in your hands.
• An expanded player interaction system brings our Real Player Motion Technology (RPMT) into the fight for the ball. Feel enhanced physicality in the battle for possession during open play and in set piece situations as players jostle, push, and pull with more responsiveness than ever before.
Sights & Sounds
• With thousands of authentic chants, captured exclusively from the world’s biggest competitions, including the Premier League, La Liga Santander and the Bundesliga, FIFA 21 on both current and next-gen brings you the ultimate EA SPORTS Atmospheric Audio experience, unparalleled in sports video games.
Next Level Realism
• Next-gen technology creates a greater definition of player physique. Muscles flex after striking the ball, Frostbite™-enabled strand-based hair responds authentically to player movement for some of the games biggest stars, and enhanced realism of faces and kit cloth take the world’s best players to a whole new level of dynamic realism.
Responsive Multi-Touch Animations
• New gameplay technology enhances the visual quality and responsiveness of linked animations on the ball, enabling you to experience fluid and realistic player movement. Players now take more human contextual touches, reducing mechanical, robotic movement.
• From tiredly adjusting shin pads in the 89th minute to screaming for a through ball from a team mate, Off-Ball Humanisation creates visual animation texture and authentic character behaviours that let you feel all the emotion of football at the highest level.
• Inspired by the look and feel of top-level football broadcasts, a new gameplay camera gives you a fresh perspective on every match. See more of the pitch to help you plan your build-up play or block passing lanes, and watch home and away fans react to the game in real time.
• From Anfield to Parc des Princes, the Etihad to the Bernabéu, our new deferred lighting system creates an ultra-realistic football experience. From acutely detailed pitch surfaces, stadium materials and atmospheric effects to sideline characters like substitutes, stewards, and home and away crowds, FIFA 21 visuals enhance every part of the World’s Game.
• New pre-game cinematics deliver an unprecedented matchday experience to immerse you in the sights and sounds of football at the highest level. See team buses arrive at the ground prior to kick-off, feel the buzz as fans enter through the turnstiles, and watch players pass through the media zone on their way to the pitch.
Big Goal Moments
• Some goals just mean more. New contextual player, bench, and fan reactions respond to the match situation to let you feel the explosive emotion and drama of a last-minute UEFA Champions League winner or a relegation-saving equaliser.
Lightning Fast Load Times
• The power of next generation consoles delivers faster load times that get you in the game quicker than ever before. In FIFA 21, you’ll go from menu to kick-off in under two seconds.
• Whether your next game is a Career Mode title decider or you’re getting ready to take on the world with your VOLTA SQUAD, PlayStation Activities lets you jump straight from the PlayStation home screen into your favourite game mode to get you into the action quicker.
• Take your FUT Club and VOLTA FOOTBALL squad from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S and back again with cross-gen transfer markets and leaderboards in FUT 21, as well as all your FUT and VOLTA FOOTBALL content and progress.
Source: Read Full Article