Destiny 2: How To Unlock Every Catalyst For Revision Zero
- Acquiring Revision Zero And Its Catalyst Quests
- Should You Choose To Accept It, Parts I-IV
- Weapon Schematic #1 Location: Floor Puzzle
- Weapon Schematic #2 Location: Operator Puzzle
- Weapon Schematic #3 Location: Surrender Encounter
- Weapon Schematic #4 Location: Ketch Escape
- Revision Zero Catalyst Effects & Crafting Tips
Revision Zero is Destiny 2's most versatile Exotic to date, both PvE and PvP. Intrinsic Anti-Barrier Rounds, selectable fire modes, and craftable perks make this weapon nothing short of incredible in terms of utility. If you loved the Exotic Khvostov in Destiny: Rise of Iron, you'll feel right at home with this gun.
Arguably the most interesting part of Revision Zero is the weapon's Catalysts. That's right, this is the first weapon in Destiny history with multiple Catalysts to choose from, each providing a unique perk. This guide will cover how to get your hands on Revision Zero, all four of its Exotic Catalysts, and we'll give some tips on perk synergies that greatly improve Revision Zero's performance.
Acquiring Revision Zero And Its Catalyst Quests
You won't be able to get all Revision Zero Catalysts if you're missing the weapon itself. Progress through the "More Than a Weapon" seasonal questline and complete the "Operation: Seraph's Shield" Exotic mission to acquire Revision Zero. You'll unlock the mission through the quest chain itself. Once unlocked, access the H.E.L.M. map to find the activity.
As for Catalysts, you must complete the "Should You Choose To Accept It" series of quests, available from the Exo Frame at the H.E.L.M. There are four versions of this quest that the Exo Frame will give you. Since all four quests are out as of writing this, you should get all four quests just by speaking to the Exo Frame once.
The quests themselves are quite simple. You'll need to complete a short mission from the H.E.L.M., visit a destination, kill some enemies, and find a (not so well hidden) Hakke blueprint station inside a nearby Lost Sector. Once all of that is finished, you'll need to boot up the Legend version of Seraph's Shield and find inactive Exo frames to complete each quest. Finish the mission itself to receive the Catalysts. You can complete all four quests simultaneously which is what we recommend.
Should You Choose To Accept It, Parts I-IV
Before you board Seraph Station and attempt to find all weapon schematics, you'll want to complete the first few steps of each quest. All four variants of "Should You Choose To Accept It" have the same objectives, varying only in destination. Objectives are as follows:
Complete "Operation: Diocles" and download the encrypted data.
Visit the Moon
Visit the EDZ
Visit the Cosmodrome
Defeat 100 combatants on Europa
Defeat 100 combatants on the Moon
Defeat 100 combatants in the EDZ
Defeat 100 combatants in the Cosmodrome
Locate the dead drop in the Perdition Lost Sector
Locate the dead drop in the K1 Logistics Lost Sector
Locate the dead drop in the Terminus East Lost Sector
Locate the dead drop in the Exodus Garden 2a Lost Sector
Find the weapon schematic in "Operation: Seraph's Shield" and finish the mission.
In essence, you'll be completing a short Operation, visiting a destination to kill some enemies, clearing a Lost Sector, and finding the weapon schematic itself in the Seraph's Shield mission.
Dead Drop Locations
- Perdition: Found directly to the right of the Lost Sector chest.
- K1 Logistics: Found in the room right behind the Lost Sector chest.
- Terminus East: Located right of the Lost Sector chest against the wall.
- Exodus Garden 2a: Located right behind the Lost Sector chest toward the exit.
Weapon Schematic #1 Location: Floor Puzzle
- Section: Scanner Floor Puzzle
Right after you activate the three correct panels in the floor puzzle, interact with the dead Exo frame beside the exit to download the first weapon schematic. Finish the mission to receive the Feeding Frenzy Catalyst option for Revision Zero.
Weapon Schematic #2 Location: Operator Puzzle
- Section: Operator Switch Puzzle
When you enter the vents to shoot the second Operator switch, hang a left at the end of the vent to find a hidden Exo frame. Interact with the frame to unlock the Under Pressure Catalyst.
Weapon Schematic #3 Location: Surrender Encounter
- Section: Surrender Encounter
Right after the first boss fight with the Ascendant Knight, double back to the boss arena before you surrender to the Fallen. From the entrance, head right and enter the first open door you see. You'll find a dead Exo inside. This weapon schematic grants the Outlaw Catalyst.
Weapon Schematic #4 Location: Ketch Escape
- Section: Ketch Prison Cells
During the jail cell breakout section aboard the Fallen Ketch, check one of the prison cells to find an Exo frame. The fourth schematic grants the Fourth Time's the Charm Catalyst.
Revision Zero Catalyst Effects & Crafting Tips
Revision Zero has four Exotic Catalysts you can socket through The Enclave's crafting menu, each granting a unique perk. Like all other weapons, you can only have one Exotic Catalyst socketed into Revision Zero at a time. Completing each "Should You Choose To Accept It" quest also upgrades the weapon's intrinsic frame crafting options, greatly buffing the weapon's base stats.
With the Catalysts unlocked, head to The Enclave and craft your desired roll. As with all craftable weapons, you'll need to level Revision Zero to unlock all of its perk options, including Catalyst perks. The Catalysts each grant the following perks:
- Catalyst One: Feeding Frenzy
- Catalyst Two: Under Pressure
- Catalyst Three: Outlaw
- Catalyst Four: Fourth Time's the Charm
- Catalyst: Fourth Time's the Charm works on Revision Zero's alt-fire mode. Land four headshots with the sniper alt-fire to gain two more rounds.
- Catalyst: Under Pressure buffs the accuracy of Revision Zero's alt-fire mode.
- Barrel: Smallbore, Arrowhead Brake, and Hammer-Forged Rifling are your best options. We recommend Smallbore for most builds.
- Magazine: Armor-Piercing Rounds allow the sniper alt-fire to pierce targets. High-Caliber Rounds makes your bullets stun enemies in PvE much more frequently.
- Perks: Elemental Capacitor can max out a stat for Revision Zero based on subclass choice. Vorpal Weapon works on Revision's alt-fire mode.
Source: Read Full Article