Destiny 2: Everything You Need To Know About Adept Mods
In an effort to make Trials of Osiris and other endgame activities more rewarding, Bungie has added Adept gear into Destiny 2 with Season of the Hunt. Adept weapons have slightly better Masterwork stats than their non-Adept counterparts and can equip a new category of Mods named Adept Mods.
These Mods offer some large bonuses that rival or even exceed what Masterwork bonuses can provide. Earning these Mods requires you to complete endgame activities such as going flawless in Trials of Osiris. For those that want to have the best weapons possible, here is everything you need to know about Adept Mods in Destiny 2.
What Are Adept Mods
Adept Mods are more powerful variants of pre-existing weapon Mods that usually grant a +10 stat increase. Unlike normal Mods, these Adept variants can come with negative effects such as reduced handling or stability. These Adept Mods also take up the same Mod slot as your standard Mods do, which means you’ll have to give up the likes of Icarus Grip or Major Spec for some of these bonuses. Only Adept weapons can equip Adept Mods.
How To Obtain Adept Mods
As of Season of the Hunt, only flawless runs of Trials of Osiris will grant Adept Mods. Opening the chest in the Lighthouse will grant an Adept Mod, Adept weapon, and a chance of Masterwork materials. The Mod you earn is based on the loot pool for that week. For example, the first week of Trials of Osiris has the Adept Targeting Mod up for grabs for anyone that goes flawless. As with other Trials gear, these Mods rotate weekly.
You won’t have to go flawless to access these Mods in future seasons, however. Bungie has stated that Adept weapons and Mods will make their way to Grandmaster Nightfalls in Season 13. Once a Mod has been earned, it can be reapplied as many times as you wish as with any other weapon Mod.
Every Adept Mod (As Of Season Of The Hunt)
Trials of Osiris has introduced 13 Adept Mods for players to chase, one of which is earnable every week. Here are all of the Mods available and what they do.
- Adept Accuracy: Grants +10 accuracy.
- Adept Blast Radius: Grants +10 blast radius. Only works on Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers.
- Adept Charge Time: Grants +10 charge time. Only works on Fusion Rifles and Linear Fusion Rifles.
- Adept Counterbalance: Grants +25 recoil direction and +75 bounce intensity at the cost of -10 range.
- Adept Draw Time: Grants +10 draw time. Only works on Bows.
- Adept Handling: Grants +10 handling.
- Adept Impact: Grants +10 impact. Only work on Swords.
- Adept Mag: Grants +40 to the magazine stat at the cost of -20 handling. This is a 40% magazine size increase, not a flat +40 to your magazine.
- Adept Projectile Speed: Grants +10 projectile speed. Only works on Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers.
- Adept Range: Grants +10 range.
- Adept Reload: Grants +10 reload speed.
- Adept Stability: Grants +10 stability.
- Adept Targeting: Grants +10 aim assistance at the cost of -20 stability.
Note that these stats stack with Masterwork bonuses and other perks. Similar to the Iron Gaze and Iron Grip perks, a weapon stat cannot be lower than ten regardless of modifiers.
Next: Destiny 2: A Complete Guide To Patrols (& Tips To Maximize Farming)
- Destiny 2
Charles Burgar is an expert on all things tech and gaming. Graduating from Pikes Peak Community College in 2018 with an Associate of Science, Charles has spent his time dissecting popular video games, movies, and technology. With an understanding of games for as long as he can remember, Charles has a large interest in understanding what makes things fun. He is currently a Freelance writer for TheGamer and Game Rant.
Source: Read Full Article