13 Things To Do Before and After a Pest Control Treatment
Are you planning to do a pest control treatment in your home or office? If yes, you need to take care of some things before getting this service. It is essential to know these things because pest control treatment might be harmful to human beings and animals. You don’t need to worry if you are preparing for the first time because, in this article, we will provide the necessary information about it.
There are several types of treatments available in the market, for example, bed bugs control, cockroaches control, and termite control. It depends on you which service you want for your house or office. If you are looking for the best professional pest control service provider, you can choose Rove Pest Control. They offer the most reliable services to their customers. Various pest treatments are available including, insects, bed bugs, cockroaches, rodents, mosquitoes, and more.
We know that you might be waiting for us to tell you some essential tips regarding pest control. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
What are the essential things to take care of before and after the pest treatment?
Do these things before the treatment
1. Make some space in the house- It is necessary to make some space for the professionals to come in and start the service. You can do this by placing big furniture or other prominent objects in a separate area. Every rooms’ corners should be free from furniture, oversized objects, and appliances because they will not let the professionals do the treatment properly. Placing the furniture and any other essential items away will also keep them safe and secure from harmful substances.
2. Keep your essential items safe- Small items such as clothes, toiletries, jewelry, toys, and more should be covered with plastic sheets. You can also store these kinds of stuff in a protected area, for example, in your almirah, cupboard, or inside the bed. After storing them, you must use sellotape in the gaps so that pests do not reach the objects. For large items like sofa, bed, chairs, tables, you can use plastic sheets to keep them safe. Avoid using clothes for covering because they might not help in the same.
3. Store your kitchen objects in a protected area- Kitchen items, including glasses, plates, cups, spoons, and other utensils, must be protected from pest substance. So, you should store them in a protected area. During a pest control treatment, the main area for spraying is kitchen cabinets and drawers. These contain the maximum amount of insects among all the other rooms. You should ensure that all the containers containing pulses, rice, wheat, etc., are stored in a safe place. Keep the sink as it is because professionals will spray it. The electrical appliances, such as mixer grinder, toaster, gas stove, and more, need to be covered with plastic sheets. After that, move them into an enclosed room. When it comes to the refrigerator, you have to take out all the food items, then unplug the refrigerator. In this way, you will protect it from dangerous chemicals entering into it.
4. Take your pet away- As you know that the chemicals used in the pest control treatment are harmful to the animals and birds. So, you should take your pet away from home. You can take it to your friend’s or neighbor’s house. Make sure all your pet’s toys are stored in a safe place because the toxic chemicals can enter your pet’s body through them. If you have an aquarium filled with fishes, you must cover it using plastic. You should feed the fishes before the process. The airborne chemicals will enter the water if you do not turn off the aquarium’s air pumps.
5. Store and cover the decorative objects- Decorative items such as paintings, photo frames, flower pots can either be stored in a safe area or covered with plastic sheets. They might get destroyed with the chemicals. Similarly, you should keep the plants away from the pest control treatment area.
6. Empty your bathroom- Your bathroom should be free from soap, toothbrushes, razors, etc. because the harmful substances will get transferred to them. You can also replace them after the pest control.
Do these things after the treatment
1. Wait for the right time to enter the home- After the pest control, it is necessary to wait for a particular time. You can talk to the service providers to get information about the same.
2. Throw the left-out food- You should throw the food you forgot to take away before the process. The chemicals present in the food might cause harm to your health.
3. Avoid cleaning immediately- This is another thing you should keep in mind because it will reduce the pest control treatment’s effectiveness. Good service professionals will not make a mess in your house during the process. You can consider cleaning after a few days or a week.
4. Keep yourself safe- Keeping yourself safe should be your priority before and after the process. To unwrap the items, you should wear disposable gloves in your hands. After that, you must clean your hands properly to avoid harmful chemicals from entering your body.
5. Check the leakages- You must check if there are any leakages in the home. If you find any, get them fixed immediately to reduce the chances of re-infestation of various insects.
6. Avoid storing old newspapers and magazines- It is essential to send old newspapers and magazines for recycling. Many insects can hide inside them, which leads to re-infestation.
7. Check for pests infestation- It is another crucial tip to make the treatment successful. You need to check for infestation for a few days to weeks. It will help you in determining whether the treatment was effective or not.
When it comes to a pest control treatment, one needs to take care of some things to make it successful. Also, it is crucial to keep your household objects safe from dangerous substances. We hope this article helped you in finding out ways to follow before and after the treatment. You can always come here to know more about pest control.
Source: Read Full Article